Monday, March 25, 2013

Summary of the module identifying the implications for my future role as an English subject leader.


Summary of the module identifying the implications for my future role as an English subject leader.

This module has broadened my view on using digital literacies, media and technologies within work in English. It has begun to increase my confidence to try and use different contexts and mediums to enrich 
children’s learning of literacy.

From the literature I have read I think I now see two sides of the debate; for and against. However, I do now believe that digital literacies and technology should be used in conjunction with and integrated with the traditional literacy resources and texts we are used to in teaching literacy.

As a result of this module, I would like to, if I become an English subject leader, to increase awareness, skills and confidence in using a range of resources. This may include resources like visual and audio technologies, and texts such as comic books, graphic novels and advertising to enhance and enrich children’s reading, writing and speaking and listening. Concerns for the safety and hindrances these may cause within school, for both staff and pupils, but these should not completely prohibit their use. Teachers need to be aware of these, and plan effectively to use them for their beneficial purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment